Bio-Rad Laboratories has introduced the SEQuoia RiboDepletion Kit, which improves assay efficiency by eliminating irrelevant ribosomal RNA (rRNA) fragments from an RNA-Seq library.
The SEQuoia RiboDepletion Kit is designed for genomics researchers targeting rare transcripts or working with a limited or degraded sample. The kit can retain RNA transcripts that could be lost when using other methods. In addition, the efficient elimination of irrelevant rRNA fragments helps reduce the costs of sequencing RNA samples.
“Using the SEQuoia RiboDepletion Kit, genomics researchers can obtain the highest quality sequencing data while improving efficiencies and saving costs,” said Steven Blakely, Bio-Rad Global Director of Marketing, Life Science Group, Gene Expression. “We are excited to expand our SEQuoia product line, which complements our portfolio of genomic research products that enable easy integration into NGS workflows.”
Key benefits of the SEQuoia RiboDepletion Kit
- Improves assay sensitivity by eliminating irrelevant rRNA fragments from an RNA-Seq library
- Retains rare transcripts commonly lost from a pre-library RNA depletion strategy
- Enables the pooling of multiple libraries into one depletion reaction to save time and reduce costs
- Streamlines workflow to less than two hours
- Works with a broad input range and is compatible with most available library prep kits
The SEQuoia RiboDepletion Kit is the latest offering in Bio-Rad’s SEQuoia portfolio, an RNA-Seq sample preparation product family.
- For more information, visit: www.bio-rad.com/SEQuoiaRiboDepletion