Randox Labs releases whole pathogen multiplex controls to support testing for cold, cough and COVID
Global diagnostics company Randox Laboratories has unveiled a range of whole pathogen multiplex controls that cover multiple viral and bacterial pathogens which cause respiratory disease.
Inclusive of SARS-CoV-2, Influenza A & B, and Adenovirus, the Qnostics Multiplex Respiratory Pathogen Controls (RTX) facilitate diagnosis of the likes of cold and flu, and importantly, the differentiation of these respiratory diseases from COVID-19.
Using a control line that covers a range of respiratory pathogens allows laboratories to streamline their testing, consolidate QC, and ultimately save time, money and resources.
The new RTX controls, which are whole pathogen for compatibility with most commercial and in-house assays, are used to monitor the full testing process, from extraction to amplification and detection.
The Multiplex Respiratory Controls will support public health testing strategies during the incoming flu season and are suited for the test menus of most syndromic assays.
Lynsey Adams, Randox Quality Control Manager, explained: “The Randox Qnostics Multiplex Respiratory Pathogen Controls are clinically relevant for full-process validation. Liquid frozen for user convenience and ease of use, the development of the controls using whole pathogen material ensures clinical relevance from extraction to amplification and detection.”
Randox Qnostics Multiplex Respiratory Pathogen Controls are manufactured to ISO 13485 standards and are in line with ISO 15189:2012 regulatory requirements.
Key features and benefits of the new RTX Controls:
- Whole pathogen controls – the controls contain the entire genome meaning they are compatible with most commercial and in-house assays.
- Full process control – whole pathogen controls are the ideal material for full-process validation, monitoring the testing process from extraction to amplification and detection, to ensure ultimate quality assurance in laboratories.
- Highly characterized – Qnostics controls are quantified by digital PCR to ensure batch to batch reproducibility and are traceable to an internal reference preparation, to ensure metrological traceability of test results obtained by different diagnostic workflows.
- True Third Party – An independent, unbiased assessment of assay performance is ensured in line with ISO 15189:2012 regulatory requirements.
- Superior manufacturing – Qnostics controls are manufactured under ISO 13485 guidelines to ensure quality and traceability.
- Liquid for ease-of-use – the controls are conveniently supplied in a liquid frozen format meaning there is no additional preparation or handling required.
For more information, visit: https://www.randox.com/molecular-infectious-diseasecontrols/respiratory-infection-testing/