Thermo Scientific introduces Orbitrap Exploris GC 240 mass spectrometer
Thermo Scientific has introduced the Orbitrap Exploris GC 240 – a new gas chromatography (GC) high-resolution mass spectrometer (MS) with unrivalled mass resolving power, sensitivity and wide dynamic range.
The GC addresses the need for increased flexibility, speed and accuracy in research applications throughout academic and industry laboratories, and offers researchers the capability to achieve new depths of analysis and drive scientific understanding. With new-generation system architecture and instrument control software, the system provides simple yet powerful data acquisition capabilities.
The Orbitrap Exploris GC 240 MS takes research capabilities to a new level with a resolving power of 240,000, for accelerated innovation. By delivering both quantitative and qualitative information from a single injection, the new system enables precise and comprehensive compound identification, allowing researchers to make fast and accurate discoveries with confidence. As research laboratories require the versatility to answer myriad questions in their studies, the Orbitrap Exploris GC 240 MS also provides the flexibility to tackle a diverse range of analytical challenges, from identifying unknown contaminants and extractables and leachables, to applied quantification and metabolomics. The system offers the capability of MS/MS for compound structural information and both electron and chemical ionization without system venting to speed up time to result.
Users of the Orbitrap Exploris GC 240 MS will benefit from:
- Analytical dynamic range across six orders, providing accurate quantitation and detection of chemical components at trace and high concentrations
- Standardized setup and easy-to-use system for users with varied levels of technical experience
- Informatics solutions for targeted quantitation and profiling, such as the Thermo Scientific Chromeleon Chromatography Data System (CDS) software, which enables seamless data acquisition to reporting in targeted analysis. For profiling and discovery, the Thermo Scientific Compound Discoverer 3.2software enables researchers to discover sample differences, perform spectral matching and make proposed identifications of unknown compounds
- Use of commercially-available spectral libraries for spectral matching, plus the use of application-specific high resolution accurate mass libraries in the Thermo Scientific Orbitrap GC-MS contaminants library and the Thermo Scientific Orbitrap GC-MS HRAM metabolomics library
- Compact platform with a smaller footprint than existing systems.
Orbitrap Exploris portfolio
The new system, along with the Thermo Scientific Orbitrap Exploris GC, extends the Thermo Scientific Orbitrap Exploris portfolio of high-resolution accurate mass systems, which is now comprised of the Thermo Scientific Orbitrap Exploris 480 mass spectrometer, launched in 2019, and the recently introduced Thermo Scientific Orbitrap Exploris 240 and Thermo Scientific Orbitrap Exploris 120 mass spectrometers.
- For more information, visit Orbitrap Exploris GC240